Dematerialising business processes simply with a Low Code solution, the SNCF Réseau challenge
Do you want to make your business processes smoother, more structured and reliable with a fully paperless solution?
Find out how Micropole helped SNCF Réseau PSL by implementing an efficient, easy-to-use and secure worksite planning application.
SNCF Réseau is one of the 5 companies of the SNCF group. It is a key player in the development of rail services in France and Europe, and is responsible for maintaining, managing, modernizing and securing the network. It also commercializes access to the rail network for all passenger and freight railway companies.
Its main functions are to develop the rail offer on these lines, to assist these rail network customers through a catalogue of offers and services and to modernise the rail infrastructure.
Some key figures:
5 million daily passengers
- 28,000 kilometres of lines
- 10,000 commercial trains running daily on the network
- More than 53,000 employees, including 1,200 agents.
ChallengesUntil the end of 2020, more than 1,500 construction sites have been planned each year with the aim of modernising the infrastructure. SNCF staff can volunteer to take part in some of these workcamps. As the planning process lacked traceability, SNCF Réseau PSL wanted to dematerialise it into a single application in order to improve and streamline this process. The company therefore commissioned Micropole to support them in this transformation. The implementation of the application aims to :
- Organise and facilitate communication and planning
- Better anticipation of personnel and worksite management
- Improve and make the process more reliable
- Provide and propose a new service, based on existing uses of Microsoft 365
Methods and SolutionsIn order to provide a solution to these challenges, a Low Code approach was considered and several bricks of the Microsoft 365 solution were favoured for the implementation of the application:
- Power Apps for the mobile application for agents
- Power Automate to manage the process
- SharePoint Online to manage data storage and back office
The implementation of the Low Code Microsoft 365 solution (Power Platform) as part of the dematerialisation of the SNCF Réseau PSL construction site planning process enables them to achieve the following objectives
- Process automation
- Process traceability
- Smooth interfacing
- Simplified consolidation
- Saving time on the allocation process