Succeed in the redesign of your management tool by placing the user experience at the heart of your strategy
Do you want to develop an innovative, high-performance and customizable platform to win new customers and diversify and optimize your business?
Does meeting the needs of your users remain a priority?
Find out how Micropole helped the French leader in last-mile logistics with the project to overhaul their transport management tool.
Micropole has supported one of the leaders in last-mile delivery thanks to the multiplicity of its offers, developed around 4 areas of expertise:
Having relied on Micropole's expertise for more than 10 years, the company wanted to undertake a project to overhaul their transport management tool.
The essential stakes of this approach are to put forward a showcase of technological advances, attractive and efficient in order to win new customers but also to diversify and optimize the activity. Indeed, one of the main objectives is to reach end customers directly, so that they can manage their deliveries directly through this system, but also to quickly develop the BtoC activity. With the redesign of their management tool, the company also wants to put more emphasis on ecological transport, a real societal issue today; the goal being to market the tool, an application produced in SaaS mode.
Methods and Solutions
In order to offer its users a fluid, proactive and facilitating experience, Micropole was involved in the following main missions
- Redesign of the tool's module. A development in progressive web app mode has been privileged. This redesign allows us to obtain a more efficient, more ergonomic and customizable application thanks to a widget system.
- Upgrade of retail functions. A delivery planning and rescheduling system for end customers has been implemented, which significantly reduces the delivery failure rate.
- Improvement of the schedule management module and the BtoC module, geared towards e-commerce
- Management of malfunctions and delivery rounds, with the addition of a mapping system, not present in the previous version of the CMS.
- Multilingual management, with the aim of internationalizing the management tool and developing their activity abroad
- Integrated optimization of the transport processes and the repository management module, allowing autonomy in terms of route optimization and in order to be offered in multi-instance
- Integration of transport specifics for the Health activity, in order to meet strict temperature tracking constraints, and to monitor material
- Industrialisation and software development of the TMS, for a sustainable and marketable application in SaaS mode
By promoting a redesign of the tool and further evolving the features already present in the previous version, the company will benefit from:
- A more modern, faster, multi-device and shared application for all users
- Optimization of the activity with a decrease of the delivery failure rate and a better organization
- An improved customer offer and therefore greater customer satisfaction
- A decrease in the cost of transporting an order and a better dispatching of orders and staff
- A broader management of its different transport processes